30 December 2009
29 December 2009
27 December 2009
23 December 2009
In spite of my disappointing result in the 5k, I've decided to try and run a 10k in 2010 (and maybe a half the following year, but let's see how the 10 goes). I have registered for the Charles Harris 10k, which gives me about 9 weeks to train. My main goal is to just to finish but hopefully not in last place. Yesterday I ran the easier 2 mile route in our neighborhood in 20:34. That pace would have come in 99th out of 106 in my age group in last year's race.
20 December 2009
- Saints - lost to the NFL team I most despise.
- Liverpool - lost to last place Portsmouth.
- Fantasy (American) Football - Second most points in the league this week. Eliminated by a team that scored 145 points less than me on the season.
- Running - Managed to do worse than last year in the Virginia Highlands 5k even though I trained harder this year.
- Blaise won gold medal in the the D&Under tournament today.
- Achieved "Novice" at Project Euler (it's harder than it sounds).
- I remain healthy, employed, and well-thought of by most of the people whose opinion I value (though there's a distinct risk of a selection bias).
19 December 2009
18 December 2009
It's taken about nine months, but last night I finally moved up to Level 3 (novice). Completing 100 of these problems is a pretty substantial amount of work, and it sure feels like it deserves a better title than novice. It will take another fifty to get to Level 4. (sigh)